San Antonio Estate Planning Attorney
Our Estate Planning Services
The Law Office of Brandon S. Glosson offers Estate Planning Services in the San Antonio, Texas area. We craft custom strategies to protect you, your family, and your assets. Our estate plans go beyond just preparing a basic will, and often make use of the following estate planning tools:
- Will and/or Revocable Living Trust (with pour-over will);
- Durable Power of Attorney (aka Durable Financial Power of Attorney);
- Medical Power of Attorney;
- Living Will (aka Advance Directive or Health Care Directive);
- HIPAA Compliant Medical Authorization; and
- Final Disposition Instructions.
In addition to these key estate planning tools, your will and trust attorney can use additional strategies to minimize estate taxes, reach giving objectives, and provide advanced legal protections, if needed. These strategies include the use of testamentary trusts, pet trusts, education trusts, special needs trusts, irrevocable trusts, charitable remainder trusts, gun trusts, A/B trusts, disclaimer trusts, QTIP trusts, life insurance trusts, intentionally defective grantor trusts, spendthrift trusts, memorial and endowment trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, and qualified income trusts (Miller Trusts).
Why You Need An Estate Plan
Estate Planning answers important questions about what happens when you die or if you become incapacitated. Common questions answered by estate plans include the following:
- If you become incapacitated, who will have the power to manage your financial affairs?
- Who will have to power to make medical decisions for you if needed?
- Do you want artificial life support if you are diagnosed with a terminal or irreversible condition or have a debilitating accident?
- Who will take care of your children if something happens to you?
- How will your children be provided for?
- Who gets what, at what age, and under what conditions?
- Who should be the executor of your estate?
Without an estate plan in place, these questions must often be answered by the courts through heirship, guardianship, and other proceedings. Unfortunately, the courts' choices may not be what you intended or be best for your family. As you can imagine, requiring the courts to answer these questions can involve a great deal of time and expense that is better avoided, if possible.
As your estate planning attorney, we will take the time to explain and work through these issues with you. Together, we will help you choose the level of planning appropriate for you, identify your goals, and determine how your unique circumstances can best be addressed. Ultimately, your plan will ensure that you get to call the shots and will provide a reliable map for your family to follow when the time comes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Things to Know
Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone. — Pablo Picasso Let’s face it. Your children mean the world to you. You owe it to them to prepare a plan for their futures in case something should happen to you. This means making sure that they will receive the […]
Contact a San Antonio Will and Trust Attorney
The Law Office of Brandon S. Glosson is passionate about helping people achieve an estate plan that is right for them. Contact Us through our website, or by phone at (210) 802-5288 to consult with a San Antonio will and trust attorney today.
Think It Through
To get started, download and complete the questionnaire below that best fits you.